Originally native to Brazil where it is referred to as “Mushroom of the Gods”, Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) is a mushroom that grows on trees, with long strand-like features that look similar to a mane. As mushrooms have been used medicinally throughout history, recent studies on Lion’s Mane have shown it to be neuroprotective and have beneficial properties on the nervous system. The polysaccharides found in the cell walls of Lion’s Mane are the bioactive compounds responsible for the health benefits it imparts. These compounds help to increase cognition, providing mental focus and clarity, as well as helping to manage stress and mood.† This balance helps the brain regulate and function properly and more efficiently. Along with helping to increase cognition, the polysaccharides in Lion’s Mane also help stimulate the expression of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), which supports the regrowth of neurons and the overall health of the nervous system.†
- Contains nootropic compounds from both the fruiting body (hericenones and amycenone) and the mycelium (erinacine) that support memory, focus & brain health.†
- Helps strengthen memory and concentration as well as enhance cognitive abilities.†
- The polysaccharides of the Lion’s Mane mushroom could help induce neuronal differentiation and promote neuronal survival.†
- Helps support a healthy anti-inflammatory response.†
- May promote healthy circulation.†
- The polysaccharides from Lion’s Mane have been shown to fight fatigue.†
There are no reviews yet.